- You are entitled to claim a rebate from Medicare for up to 10 psychology consultations per calendar, provided you have been referred for the treatment of a mental health problem by a psychiatrist or your General Practitioner.
- If you are referred by a General Practitioner, he/she will need to complete a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) which entitles you to claim a rebate for the first 6 consultations.
- If, however, you have been referred by a psychiatrist you will need a referral letter which entitles you to a rebate on your first 6 consultations.
- At the conclusion of these 6 sessions, a further 4 sessions may be offered after your progress is reviewed by your referring doctor.
- Please ensure that your referral letter or MHCP is up to date as you will need this to be valid in order to claim your Medicare rebate. Further information about the Medicare Better Access to Mental Health Scheme can be found at: http://www.psychology.org.au/medicare/fact_sheet/#s
We are able to claim from most health funds and offer you a Private Health refund, dependant on your level of cover. Please check with your insurer as to your eligibility.