Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick, very quickly. There is evidence that this virus spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Video Counselling Sessions
If you are feeling unwell and need to reschedule, or if you have been advised by your GP or the Coronavirus National Hotline, to self isolate at home, please call us on 02 8404 9444 as you may be eligible to have your counselling session by video call.
Australian Federal Government Health Department Coronavirus alerts
- National Coronavirus Health Information Line – Ph 1800 020 080 (24/7 helpline) – Speak with a health professional about Coronavirus
- Discuss your health needs with your GP
- Check in with media updates rather than staying on the 24/7 news cycle (this includes social media feeds)
- Remember to make the time and the effort to look after your own wellbeing.
- For more information you can read Mindspots 10 psychological tips for coping with infectious diseases
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, make sure you access support. You can:
- Speak with friends or family.
- Contact any of the crisis contacts listed on our webpage.